Porcelain Veneers in Bismarck, ND
If you’re unhappy or self-conscious about your smile due to discolored, crooked, or damaged teeth, porcelain veneers are an excellent way of enhancing and transforming your smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made shells of porcelain placed on the front of your teeth to improve their appearance. Veneers can correct several cosmetic concerns, including stained, uneven, chipped, worn down, broken, misaligned, irregularly shaped, gapped, or discolored teeth.
Veneers can be made from porcelain, composite resin, or ceramic materials. At Bright Dental Studio in Bismarck, ND, we provide porcelain veneers since they are more durable, stain-resistant, and natural-looking than other materials.
Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Getting your porcelain veneers at Bright Dental Studio involves the following:
- Exam, diagnosis, and treatment planning: Your treatment will start with a consultation with Dr. Crystal, who’ll thoroughly examine you to determine if veneers are the right course of action and develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
- Tooth preparation: Dr. Crystal will minimally prep your tooth so that a veneer can be fitted seamlessly into your smile.
- Digital impressions: We’ll then take digital impressions and photos of the prepared teeth and send them to our dental lab to fabricate your veneers.
- Temporary veneers placed: Veneers typically take 2-3 weeks to be prepared by our dental lab, so we’ll place temporary veneers in the meantime to protect the prepared teeth.
- Bonding: Once your veneers are ready, you’ll come in for your final appointment to have them placed. We’ll check your veneers to ensure proper fit, make any necessary adjustments, and then bond the permanent veneers to your teeth.
Creating Healthy Smiles is Where We Shine
There’s nothing we love more than providing beautiful, lasting results.
How to Care for Permanent Veneers
While veneers are very durable, you’ll still need to practice good oral hygiene and at-home care to maintain and care for them. This includes brushing and flossing daily, avoiding biting on hard objects, maintaining your routine dental visits (exam and cleaning), and taking note if you find yourself clenching/grinding your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers Benefits
Porcelain veneers have several benefits, including:
- Natural appearance: Porcelain can look so much like enamel that most people wouldn’t be able to pick out the veneer from natural teeth. They can be crafted with a natural shape, customized to match other teeth in your mouth, and sized to fit your natural smile.
- Long-lasting: With proper care, porcelain veneers last ten years or more.
- Minimal preparation: Veneers only require minor modifications to your original teeth to enhance your smile.
- Stain-resistant: Porcelain veneers are non-porous and highly stain-resistant, capable of shedding discoloring foods and beverages for decades if properly cared for.
- You can enjoy a whiter smile: Veneers can make your smile as white as you want it to be. They will be custom created to match your unique tooth design and color. If you’re having just a couple of veneers bonded onto your smile, Dr. Crystal can match their color to your natural teeth, but if you’re choosing to put veneers on every tooth, their color can be lightened several shades, creating a whiter smile.
Cosmetic Veneers Cost
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on several factors, such as the number of teeth that need veneers. Since veneers are a cosmetic dental treatment, they are not covered by insurance.
Schedule Your Veneer Appointment Today!
If you aren’t happy with your smile, whether due to chips, cracks, discoloration, or any other imperfection, porcelain veneers from Bright Dental Studio in Bismarck, ND, can transform your smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!